How to Add a User: Background & Context
In Apto, every user is identified by a username, password, and a single profile. The user profile determines what tasks users can perform, what data they see, and what they can do with the data.
Within “Users”, you can perform user management tasks such as creating and editing users, resetting passwords, and creating Google Apps accounts. As an administrator, you must add all of your users to your Apto account so that they can use the product.
How to Add a User: Video Instructions (4 min)
How to Add a User: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Click “Setup” in the top right-hand corner under the gear icon to navigate to the setup menu.
2. In the left-hand side menu, click "Users > Users" to view your current User List.
3. Click “New User” to add your new user.
4. Enter the user’s first and last name.
5. Enter the user's email address and username. By default, the username is the same as the email address.
6. The Role is set by default to “<None Specified>” -- do not change this.
7. The User License should be set to “Salesforce Platform”.
8. Select a profile, which specifies the user's minimum permissions and access settings. For more information on user profiles, click here.
9. Select the other options and enter the remaining user information as needed. Note that only the fields in red are required.
10. Select the “Generate new password and notify user immediately” checkbox.
11. Hit “Save” to save your new user. The user will receive an email to set his/her password
Fill out the form to add a new user (Steps 4 - 11):
Now your new users should appear in the User List. Refresh the page if it doesn't show up right away).
Next, you'll need to make sure your new user is manually added to the Apto package. See Add Users to the Apto Package.