How To Create a Need for a Contact
- Navigate to the contact that has the need. You can do this by using the quick-find search bar at the top, or clicking on the Contacts tab and locating their name within one of the views.
- Click the Related tab on the contact record and scroll down to the Buyer’s Needs section. Click New. **NOTE: If your client is looking for multiple properties, create a separate need for each property.
- Select either “1031 Exchange” or “Acquisition" based upon their need.
Here’s an example:
- Complete the form with your contact’s requirements.
- Key Fields include:
- Active: Check this box if your client is actively pursuing a property (when matching needs, this will ensure this contact populates in the search results).
- Buyer Need Name: Name the requirement for future reference. (Suggested naming convention: “Property Type--Market–MonthYear”, e.g. Office--Denver–May2020)
- Market: Location(s) the buyer is interested in.
- Product Type: Type of Property(ies) the buyer is looking for.
- Min/Max Purchase Price: Enter this if the buyer has a price range in mind.
- Min/Max Square Footage: Enter this if the buyer has a specific size in mind.
- Click Save.
Here's an example: